January 13, 2008

Life Insurance

Why is it that life insurance really deals more with death than life?

This is one of a horde of similar questions, which have been circulated on cyberspace quite enough to make it not worth my while to mention them. Still, this is a relevant question. However, the Minister insists that I reassure my readers that I do not intend to launch a "Truth in Advertizing" lawsuit against any life insurance companies. When discussing this with a wiser person than myself, I was told that far from being an ironic play on words by witty life insurance agents who were contemplating the meaning of life, it was probably just because the marketability of a service called "Death Insurance" would be somewhere directly above zero. The Minister reminds me not to say "zero" outright because, as he puts it, there are those disturbing people in the world who like Edgar Allen Poe a little too much (and for all the wrong reasons) that would glory in the chance to insure themselves against their death with such a morbidly-titled product. Either way, dear Minister, I certainly would not buy it.

Whatever the reason,

We find that funny.

No comments: